I've started working my way back home and decided to ride a couple of new to me roads. This is Hwy 96 and follows the Klamath River for a long ways.


It is a very beautiful and scenic road.

There wasn't a lot of traffic when I was on it during the week.

Big Foot is sick of the mask wearing too! He says no one recognizes him anymore!

Road maintenance give a break to take an extra pic or two.

Here they are trying to prevent some recurring rock slides

They had big Cats pushing the rocks off at the top of the hill. It was fun to watch them come tumbling down. 

If you think you're a canyon carver but you really aren't, this road is for you!

After finishing Hwy 96 I headed to Ferndale, CA

I've only been in and out to Ferndale



But after a couple of pics it's on to Petrolia

Hmmm, Mark Hicks and I took a road like this once......it didn't end too well!

You can see the marine layer over the ocean just beyond the dip in that far hill.

Those on shore breezes can be a little hard on some of these coastal barns.

I rode over 60 miles on this road. I cannot remember ever in my life having more fun on a road on a motorcycle. It had everything. Hills, curves numbering at least two thousand, potholes to bottom your suspension many many times, non luxury gravel sections when you weren't expecting them, and scenery from the coast to the redwoods! 

At one point the road dropped from the hills to the sea just in time to see the waves playing on the rocks.

Yeah, I was there on my bike!

This guy road by on his GS, but he wasn't very playful.

Farmland to oceans to forest

We were supposed to be having a Rally in the Redwoods.

I was the only one to attend



I saw the biggest tree of anyone in our group of one.



Believe me, they are big!!!



I'm staying in San Luis Obispo and you know you're getting close when coming from the north and you get a glimpse of the big rock at Moro Bay.

Comments

  1. When you left Petrolia and ended up on the road that exited to the ocean is that the area called The Lost Coast? Enjoyed your blog but you better put some of that nice cool air into a saddlebag for your arrival in AZ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pics, biglefti! I need to get back up that way myself; it's been much too long.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog