Helmets and Hash Browns for breakfast

Not planned, but we crossed the continental divide 6 times on this trip. Four of those crossing were first for both of us.

Boot Heel in Animas

Right behind Boot Heel

I've ridden past the tiny village of Portal several times always saying I'll stop next time. This was next time.

Sherm wanted to check out the Gadsen Hotel in Douglass. We both made the right decision.

Meet Portal.......this is all it is until ..........

They bring in live music

Dead snakes
I give you all a better than 50/50 chance of guessing what this car is.


1928 phone number is only 4 digits


Ha ve you guessed it yet?

Just past Portal is Cave Creek Canyon



It's referred to as Arizona's Yosemite

A few old historic buildings still in the canyon
Along with beautiful rock formations







Cutest girl I saw all day!



Canopied roads make me feel good

In person, they were almost luminescent


I think this guy liked Minions

I must too........

.......to show them all to you!


Okay, but at least let me take the picture

Geronimo surrendered near here.


He was town chief in the last election

The last house he lived in as Chief

Maybe part of Arizona's Yosemite

These cars and then the two old building caught my eye as I rode into Douglass, AZ

I have no idea what they are. Maybe an old Rolls, Reo, and Pontiac?

The Gadsen Hotel, see Sherm's post for details. I was just supposed to meet him there.

The inside is quite elegant!

Expected to see Sherm getting his Burk and Stocks polished

Probably worth $95 a night to try out a little history.

All to keep Sherm from running away!

Most Beautiful Cadillac ever built!

1957

And don't try telling me the 59 was...............it was the most GAUDY!

This RV resort will let you have a first hand experience of what your mom and grandma got to experience when they went camping.

At an old Greyhound Depot in Bisbee. To keep from Copyright infringement the liner was renamed the Strayhound



I asked them if they wanted me to pull over? They said, are you kidding?, you're riding a GoldWing for crying out loud!








This fun little street is in the old Lowell section of Bisbee.











I like his toys

This used to be the largest open pit copper mine in the state, but is now a miniature compared to the Morenzi mine that is still in operation.

This one and the one in Ajo have been shut down.

I'm always fascinated by the vivid colors in nature.

During Bisbee's heyday, the Copper Queen is where the happening scene was.

Today, it still is!




I hope it's on enough of an angle. At first I thought I was parking my Angel

On our way home we were riding through Tombstone so we stopped and shot a couple of pics down Main St. Tombstone




Actors waiting to perform the next show.




Looks like they are setting up an old tractor display

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog